As part of the CNRS FSEP internal mobility campaign open from December 4, 2019 to January 17, 2020.
As part of its “Perséides” service offer, Persée offers to support researchers by mobilizing human resources and using its production chain to digitize, structure, enrich and disseminate corpora.
The engineer ensures the successful completion of “Perséides” projects from the design phase to the operational phase and the opening of a dedicated digital library. He/she also monitors the enrichment of the Perséides after a first corpus or a first part of the corpus has been put online.
He/she participates in the enhancement of existing Perseids through communication actions.
The position of Perséides project manager is located in the “Partnerships and Networks” department, which currently includes three people, including the manager of the department in charge of partnerships with libraries, the manager of publisher partnerships and the manager of research partnerships.
Reporting to the Research Partnerships Manager, the Perseides Project Manager works in close collaboration with the Production and Documentation Managers and the IT engineer who coordinates Perseides developments.
- Analyze the needs of Perséides project leaders (researchers, librarians, documentalists) and translate them into functionalities for consultation, research and exploitation in collaboration with the Research Partnerships Officer.
- Define a data model for describing and structuring the corpus in collaboration with the Research Partnerships Officer and the unit’s Documentation and IT divisions.
- Coordinate the digitization, documentation and indexing of the corpus
- Ensuring the distribution of the corpus in conjunction with the unit’s IT department
- Ensure regular reporting to the various stakeholders, both internal and external to the unit
- Coordinate the enrichment of the Perseids beyond the initial project phase
- Ensure compliance with the specifications and schedule, lead the work teams
- Manage a project portfolio
- Ensure, in collaboration with partners, the promotion of the Perseids (presentations, blog posts, tweets, posts, etc.).
- Ensure a watch on the tools for publishing, analyzing and disseminating data
- Proven experience in project management
- Excellent interpersonal and writing skills
- First experience with social networks and writing for the web
- Experience in the realization of digital humanities projects would be a plus.
- Reactivity, adaptability
- Listening skills and sense of dialogue
- Autonomy and sense of initiative
- Ability to work in project mode and to lead a team
- Know how to manage emergency situations and prioritize priorities
- Very good knowledge of the uses and practices of digital technology (collection techniques, digitization, indexing, structuring, storage, etc.).
- Knowledge of Web technologies (XHTML, XML, scripting languages, CMS), its norms and standards (interoperability, metadata, data exchange protocols, etc.)
- Knowledge of knowledge modeling and document structuring (metadata schemas, XML, TEI, EAD)
- Knowledge of the principles of open science and sensitivity to legal issues related to the online dissemination of textual, iconographic or cartographic corpora.
- Knowledge of Drupal, Illustrator and InDesign would be a plus
Persée is a Joint Services Unit of the ENS de Lyon and the CNRS which benefits from the support of the MESRI. Persée is attached to the vice-presidency of the ENS de Lyon and to the Scientific and Technical Information Department of the CNRS.
Persée’s services are aimed at researchers, libraries and scientific publishers. It is organized in three parts:
- the publishing of heritage collections of scientific publications (journals, conference proceedings, books, etc.) through persee.fr ;
- the digitization, structuring and dissemination of scientific corpuses in partnership with research teams, particularly in the field of digital humanities, through the “Perséides” system;
- making metadata and structured data available to researchers for excavation and CT operations.
The UMS Persée brings together 25 FTEs (research and design engineers, assistant document and computer engineers, library curators). It is organized into 4 divisions: Production, Documentation, Information Technology and Development, Partnerships and Networks.
Corps : Ingénieur d’études
BAP : F
Emploi type : F2A43 – Scientific Data Processing Officer
Quotité : full time
Lieu de travail : ENS de Lyon, campus Monod (69007)
RIFSEEP : Groupe 3
Gabrielle Richard, head of the Partnerships and Networks cluster