CDD de 9 months category A
Persée is a Research Support Unit of the CNRS and the ENS de Lyon, which is supported by the Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation for the digital promotion of scientific heritage. Persée’s service offer is defined along two axes: (1) the digital edition of heritage collections of scientific publications through the portal www.persee.fr (2) the production, enrichment, exploitation and dissemination of scientific corpora in conjunction with research teams, particularly in the field of digital humanities.
Persee is organized into four divisions: the “Information Technology and Development” division, which designs, produces, and maintains tools for the use, enrichment, and dissemination of digitized corpora and collections; the “Production” division, which ensures the dematerialization of documents and all post-processing of digitized documents; the “Documentation” division, which ensures the structuring of documents and XML encoding of documents; and the “Partnerships and Networks” division, which is responsible for the development of partnerships with research, publishers, libraries, and the CollEx-Persée network.
The position is attached to the Documentation division.
The documentation assistant ensures the documentary processing of digitized scientific publications in order to enable their structured editing and open dissemination on the Persee portal.
1) Documenting digitized journals:
- Check and correct tables of contents
- Highlight the structure of texts, apply markup and associate metadata to different parts of the texts (article, chapter, illustration, appendices etc.)
- Check the spelling, syntax and typography of texts
- Entering keywords and summaries
- Check the quality of the scanned images
2) Participate in the navigation paths of the Persee portal:
- Supply an author authority list (provision of an author index on the portal)
- Associate bibliographic references with the cited document (cross-referencing function on the portal)
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Mastery of office automation and graphics software
- General knowledge of scientific publishing and the editorial chain
- Basic knowledge of content structuring standards and techniques (XML)
- Excellent command of the French language
- Organization, rigor and method
- Taste for teamwork and collaborative spirit
Training is provided in-house.
- Type of job : CDD
- Duration of the contract : 9 months
- Type of job : catégorie A
- Gross monthly salary : 2039 € (assistant engineer)
- Starting a new job : 1er avril 2022
- Service : Persée
- Work organization : Full time
ENS de Lyon – Site Monod
1 place de l’école
Send a letter of motivation and a CV to Thomas Mansier